Skip to main content

It Hurts...



"Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings..."

Rejoice?

When is the last time you "rejoiced" when a fiery trial came upon you?

It hurts...

Text message:

Him: "Hey brother if you could spare the time could you pray for me? Under attack again by the enemy--very tiresome. Can't wait for Christ to come back".



Me: "Remember. You're not a loser. You're not a liar. You're not abandoned and you're never alone".

Him: "I keep praying so hard and feel better for a while then spiral down again. It makes me feel my faith is not strong enough at times".

Me: "Exactly. You don't need faith when you are on top. The devil comes prowling when he sees you down".

Him: "So God is waiting for me to crumble to my knees? I have every night. I start the day off well and as it goes on, more and more voices in my head feeding negativity and telling me bad things". 

Me: "God let Satan tear down Job and it went on for a long time. 
Is it always long? No. 
God did promise that if you resist the devil he will leave you--but! he will come back! The devil HATES you. 
When you walk through these valleys of the shadow of death, God IS with you, but He wants you to walk by faith not by sight. 
Keep pressing in--God will eventually give relief, but probably long after you think He should. 
Just like a father training his son. 
Thank God that He considers you worthy to suffer--It hurts..."

Somehow we came up with this notion that suffering won't hurt.

No matter how you slice it--suffering hurts. Maybe the 'American Dream' has skewed our expectations, but Jesus clearly let us know that if He suffered--we would suffer.

We suffer tremendous mental anguish from fear, loss, poor health, stress, finances, life changes, death, fear of death, etc, etc, etc.
And that's not to mention the mental anguish we cause each other every day. The jealousy, anger, coveting, lying, unforgiveness...

 "and if He rescued righteous Lot, oppressed by the sensual conduct of unprincipled men (for by what he saw and heard that righteous man, while living among them, felt his righteous soul tormented day after day by their lawless deeds)"

Oh wait, I just remembered. You're a tough guy. Superman. You don't suffer from mental anguish like the rest of us softies.
For the rest of us, let's continue on...

Real suffering

I think we have gotten this idea that if we are not beaten by the police or taunted by atheists then we are not "suffering for Jesus".
It's not true.
If Satan could get people to do us harm in the United States, he would, but for now he will use every mental tactic he can to keep us down, hurting, distracted and suffering.
Life sucks---here's why:
God created man and woman in a paradise. Man and woman chose to disobey God. God exiled them.
All of us(their children) are exiled also. Life has been HELL ever since(sickness, death, hatred, suffering, you name it---HELL).
Why do you think the world suffers with so many crackheads and drunkards? Because life is wonderful? No, because life sucks.
Sin.
Do we get glimpses of God's beauty and glory? Of course, but we all suffer under the curse placed upon our first parents.

So what then?

Maggie's life verse:

"Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
...but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us
...Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God
...much more now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.

Check this out.
In one paragraph we are told why we endure suffering. We rejoice because the Holy Spirit lives in our hearts, Christ died for us, the wrath of God is removed from us and we are reconciled and saved by his life.


"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us".

If I have been unable to convince you that you suffer, I'd like to invite you to join us at the abortion clinic. Every day around our globe little people are being murdered. If you choose to stand up for these little defenseless ones, YOU WILL SUFFER!
You will receive verbal assaults, possible physical assaults(but rare), and most certainly demonic assaults.
So, won't you join us? It'll be fun. Just think of all the rejoicing you will get to do. :)

Suffer on brothers and sisters, suffer on...
Rejoice on brothers and sisters, rejoice on...

Song:
Calling me away



If you are not on my email list and want my weekly blog, please click the 'subscribe' button.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Believe; Help My Unbelief!

When doubt comes knocking We say we believe. But believe what? We believe Jesus, yes. So why do we doubt then? If we doubt, does this make us unbelievers? Hypocrites? Some days it sure feels like it! Doesn't it? In the book of Mark, it is written that a man came up to Jesus and asked him to heal his son. The man specifically asked Jesus IF he can help him. Jesus responded, "' If you can’? All things are possible for one who believes ”. Jesus emphasized the "If you can", as if to say, "Of course I can, but WILL I, is the question". And, "Will you believe that I will"? The man replied, "I believe; help my unbelief"! Do you ever doubt? Do you ever not believe? Liar If you say you don't doubt as a "believer", then you are a liar. We all doubt, but does this unbelief disqualify us from being a child of God? James says, " 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is l

You're Not Invited to My Church

Upon arriving in Alabama I was told that everyone would ask me which team I chose and they would then invite me to their church. " Which team "? " What are my options "? I asked. Being the good Yankee that I am, I still have not chosen a team after eight years of residency in good old Alabama. As a matter of fact, I haven't even watched a football game. The invite "If you haven't found a church home, I'd like to invite you to ours" " Hmm, that's funny, you haven't even asked me if I am a believer" ? "Why would I want to come to your church" ? I got invited to dozens of churches the first year I was here. After the pleasant, " You ain't from around here ", I always received the gracious invite. Strangely, I rarely ever get asked where I am from anymore, and I never get invited to church. I'm not sure why I don't get asked where I'm from anymore, but while I was writing this bl

Fear Factor

What do you fear? Fear falling? Fear dying? Fear losing a family member? Fear losing a job? Fear losing money? Fear losing health? Fear that others don't like you? Fear the Boogy Man? What is it that you fear? God instructs us to fear Him. Is fearing God the same as fearing spiders? Don't skim too quickly through the following quotations--let them sink in. Jesus had this to say about fear: “ I tell you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body, and after that have nothing more that they can do. But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him! Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows ." And John tells us this: "God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfecte